Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sometimes you need a break from paradise

I'm WAY behind on this whole blog thing. Probably why nobody ever checks it. Well, we went to Arizona in February for Eva's baptism. It was awesome. Eva is just a beautiful, smart, talented, witty little firecracker, and we've adored her for eight years now. We remember visiting their house five and a half years ago for Thanksgiving and getting a taste of Eva's personality as she bossed us around the house and won us over with her big blue eyes and loving personality. Now we love her even more because she is probably the only person who can get Reece to eat his dinner, AND she loves playing with our kids. In short, we love Eva (we love all our nieces and nephews, but she's the most recently baptized).



I was even more impressed with Eva's wisdom and spirituality. The morning before her baptism I tried to get her to sin. Nothing serious, but I said, "Hey Eva, this is the last time you can sin for free. Once you get baptized you'll have to work harder to repent. Come on. Do it. Go yell at your brother or something." She told me, "No, I don't want to do that." "Why not?" I asked, somewhat embarrassed that my little joke was so handily refused. "Because that's not the right thing to do." Okay, Eva. You win this round. And probably every other round to come. Who taught her how to make good decisions? It certainly wasn't me.



Anyway, we really have loved being in San Diego because we have family so (relatively) close. We loved spending the weekend with Dave and Teresa's family as well as Ryan and Liz and Owen. Family is the best. Especially mine.

No comments: