Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Disneyland!

What better way to celebrate turning 30 than visiting the fountain of youth: Disneyland!? Paul and Ryan collaborated to make my wildest dreams come true (I'm trying to see how many times I can type that phrase today) by getting us discount tickets to Disneyland. We got a hotel for two nights in Anaheim and, together with Ryan and Liz and Owen, we spent our Saturday at Disneyland. Well, most of our Saturday. We were lucky enough to be there the same day as a "geocaching incident" which kept us out of the park until noon. But I'm sure the bomb squad enjoyed the park while we couldn't.


The boys went swimming at the hotel while we waited for the park to open. I signed up for a Twitter account just so I could find out exactly when the park opened. It worked! Thank you, Twitter. No, I will not actually start using it.



We had a blast. Everything was just what I hoped it would be. Except being incredibly tired (I got home from Portland late on Thursday and we left for Disneyland after work on Friday), and Liz being sick. And big crowds. And the bomb scare. But even with all that, we still had a great time. Seriously, so great.



Ryan, Paul and I took advantage of sleeping kids late that night and used all our saved-up fast passes to hit all the cool rides. I love the kid rides, but I'm not passing up a chance to go on Space Mountain.


I love this picture. Owen is so nice to my kids. And I love Ryan and Liz cuddling in the background.

Thanks, so much, to Ryan and Liz and Owen, for helping make my birthday weekend so super rad! And I can say "rad," because I'm almost 30. Happy my-birthday to all, and may all your wildest dreams come true!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

We always have fun with you guys! I'm glad we got to do that weekend. It's one of those things where already I only remember the good parts of it.