Friday, December 3, 2010

Pregnancy: week 14

I have to edit this post a bit from what I previously said because Paul got mad at me. If you don't check our blog every hour, I was ranting about how pregnancy makes you feel fat. He said I'm not fat and I shouldn't complain because I'm healthy. I appreciate his support. So I am amending that rant to say that I am grateful to be healthy. It's so nice to go to the doctor and to feel like I'm doing everything I can do keep myself and my baby healthy. I am coming to accept that my body just needs to gain more weight than average during pregnancy, and that's going to have to be okay. I worked hard to get it off before, and I can do it again. So here I am at 14 weeks pregnant. I am SOOOOO glad to not be sick anymore.

So I know this is ridiculous, but I had a really smokin' hot picture that I took the same day, but I accidentally erased it. So you get this one instead. Not quite as smokin' hot, but probably closer to how I actually look.

Now the good stuff: I have started to feel the little flutterings of a baby in my belly. Nothing huge yet, but this is about the same time when I started to feel Reece kicking around in there. It's very exciting, and pretty much the only good part of pregnancy (besides getting the baby at the end, of course). I've talked to several women who loved pregnancy (my sister included) and I think they're all crazy. There are good things, but they're outweighed in my mind by all the crappy things. Remember: we're not taking the whole "getting a baby" thing into account. That's so awesome that it is obviously worth going through the 9-month gauntlet of pregnancy. Otherwise there's no way I would have done it again.

So with all that said, I am very grateful that I am healthy, that the baby seems to be healthy, and that Reece is healthy. Pregnancy is a miracle, even though it sucks sometimes.

Notice I didn't say that Paul is healthy. He actually broke his wrist this week. He had a pretty bad crash on his bike when his back tire hit the train tracks wrong. It was dark outside and he was wearing all black, so we're grateful he didn't get run over or hurt even worse. We're still waiting to hear if he needs a full cast, but he's in constant pain and has a hard time doing most simple tasks. I still wonder if he crashed on purpose just to get out of doing dishes and changing diapers. Hmm...probably not.

Notice Reece's pants go up to his chest. He's just so short and he insists that his pants don't touch his toes. I think it's adorable.

So that's our week. A little about Reece and I'll be done: he is amazing. He is so funny and a real jokester. When Kyle was in town he started spitting in people's faces. But he'd be sly about it. He'd go in for a kiss, then at the last minute he'd spit right in your face. Now when he does it he'll say "no no no" and then "Kyle" because he really only wants to spit in Kyle's face. It's sweet.

Another trick he plays is fake sleeping. He'll say "night night," then pretend to snore. Then, when he thinks he's lulled you into a false sense of security, he'll roar like a bear. This started when Paul would fake being asleep and Reece would growl to wake him up.

He is best friends with his teddy bear. He'll ask it questions like "Belly? 'Kay." Then he'll tickle the bear's belly (only after getting permission, of course). Or he'll put the bear in a basket and push him around the house (like Paul does to Reece). He always makes sure the bear gets enough to eat and drink at mealtimes, and he definitely gives the bear plenty of hugs and kisses.

One of my favorite things is a Reece cuddle. He LOVES to cuddle, and he's super good at it. He gets his blanket, his bear and his parent and just cuddles right in. He really is the sweetest boy. He's very obedient (most of the time...for now), he's very compassionate, and very funny. We couldn't love him more.

So you now wonder, with how awesome Reece is, how could I possibly complain about pregnancy? It's a funny thing being a parent and feeling your love grow for your kids. You definitely love your child more if you sacrifice for them, so by the time they're born you can't help but feel so much love because you've spent so many nauseous hours letting that love grow. Or something like that. I guess if the next kid isn't as cool as Reece, I may change my sentiments (kidding, kidding).

7 comments:

Nicole Moultrie said...

Well, I know one thing for sure..we are twins seperated at birth. I not only comply with all of your setiments, I feel even STRONGER about all of them. Pregnancy is pure h*&@! I really do not know how I survived, and it gives me anxiety just thinking about the next one...if that ever happens:) I'm jealous that you are almost half way done with #2. I'm still too scared.

Anonymous said...

that is so exciting you are expecting again. You look TINY! I know, I know, you don't feel tiny, but you really do look good. I am rather jealous actually. hopefully you continue to have a healthy pregnancy

Anna said...

I love hearing about your week. Reece and Charlie will be good friends, I think. As long as Reece doesn't teach him to spit in my face. I agree about pregnancy. The only upside is the cute bundle you get at the end.

Ryan said...

I can totally understand the desire to spit in Kyle's face.

I don't know why you're complaining so much about pregnancy. The men have it bad too. We have to listen to the complaining all the time.

Ouch! Liz sure has sharp elbows.

At least she was incredibly adorable when she was pregnant.

Carina said...

Wendy bo bendy! I love reading updates like this :) I'm sorry you're having such a rough time with it, though. At least it's worth it. Good thing Reece helps you feel better every day, right? You rock!

Liza said...

NO WAY!!! Oh congrats! WOW I have to say I'm kind of jealous. I can't wait to find out what it is... so curious! I hope you feel okay. Take care of yourself and get lots of sleep. I'm so excited for you guys. Love you Moter.

Dave Carr said...

I agree with Ryan, and since Teresa isn't watching me, I won't get the elbow.