Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pre-Christmas Christmas

We had a little pseudo-Christmas celebration this last Sunday. We are flying out to Utah/Colorado for the holidays and we didn't want to pack any big presents. So we had Reece open his "huge" presents a couple of weeks early. It was really fun, but Paul and I both now feel like Christmas is already over. For Reece it will be a wonderful surprise to get more presents next week at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and now that he knows Santa = presents, he gets a lot more excited when he sees Santa paraphernalia. These videos will be all sorts of fun for me to watch for years and years, but probably kind of boring for everyone else. Just so you know, it looks like a ton of presents, but we wrapped every possible thing to put under that tree. He really only got three presents (which is fine with me). Also we keep a tiny Christmas tree so the presents look more abundant by comparison. It's genius, I know.







This last one is just for fun. This is Paul Skyping his mom late one night. He tried to make her think she was seeing things. She was a good sport.



Now it's time for our real Christmas celebration. Reece and I head to Utah tomorrow for some quality family time and Paul joins us next week. We can't wait! Merry Christmas to everybody and please know that we love you. Unless you're one of those people who keeps trying to post SPAM in my comments section. I don't love you.

3 comments:

Carina said...

You're coming to Utah? Please call me! If you have time, that is. We'll be here until the 23rd, when we leave for CA. Seriously, let's get together! Reece and Joshua would have so much fun :)

Anyway. I love the videos, and I love that you wrapped up everything that could be wrapped so that Reece could have more fun. Such good parents!

Liz said...

Paul, you are so mean to your mom! We liked looking at the videos. Hopefully we'll get to Skype with you at Christmas!

Anna said...

I'm so glad I got to hang out with you guys. You're my favorite family in the world. I'm so glad we conned Liz and Ryan into getting married so we could be related. Merry Christmas!