Monday, March 8, 2010

It's my birthday too, yeah!

Let's start this off right:

Okay, now the boring stuff. Happy birthday to me.


I'm happy to be 28. This last year has been amazing and I'm so grateful to have lived it. I am so blessed to have been Reece's mom almost the entire time I was 27. I would say this has been my best year yet. I can only hope that 28 is comparable. If so, I don't mind at all getting older. In fact, I can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead for us.

I started my 27-28 year 40 pounds heavier than I ended it. Thanks to having a baby 9 days later and then putting in some crazy hours these last two months, I am finally down to pre-pregnancy weight. That, for me, is a very happy birthday present to myself. Granted, I am not pre-pregnancy size, but you can't have everything.

I celebrated my birthday on Saturday with a great little hike in the morning with my boys (poor Reece was so sick):
This was followed immediately by a kickin' run (13.4 miles...take that, head cold!), then dinner with my amazing husband that night. We had friends over for games on Sunday and took naps to get over our various sicknesses.

Reece had a fever and so he got whatever he wanted. I ended the night with the traditional birthday dance...with myself. Pretty much just spinning in circles and flailing my arms wildly.

Yes, this qualifies as dancing. For me, anyway. Hope you all had a great my-birthday, too.

8 comments:

Carina said...

I'm glad you had such a good birthday! You continue to amaze and astound me. Keep it up =)

Lizi Bates said...

Oh Uendi you make me smile! Happy Birthday to YOU! I love the birthday dance pix, you look so happy. I'm glad you are the fearless leader and enjoy getting older. 28 scares me. Oh well, here it comes anyway, right?! Might as well enjoy it and see if it can be the best year yet! Your lil boy is adorable as always!

Ryan said...

You forgot to mention the other fun thing you did on your birthday: Skype with me and Owen.

I enjoy the glutton photo of Reece. I wish I had a popsicle or two.

Nicki Swilor said...

You are awesome! Not everybody has moves like that! Happy Birthday!

Receli said...

Happy Birthday! This kind of makes me excited for next year's birthday when I am not 9 months pregnant! I will probably have our baby like 8-12 days after my b-day this year... we will see when she comes!

Jared and Laurel said...

Hooray! Do you know how happy it makes me that you had such an awesome day? Especially because of the traditional dance: just like old times! You make me almost kind of excited for my bday next week. I'm so glad you go first every year, though. It helps me cope better.

Nicole Moultrie said...

Yahoo! Glad it was a good one!

Raini said...

Yay!