Saturday, January 9, 2010

Two Years Worth of Blogging

Happy 2010! We had a great Christmas with Nancy, post-Christmas with David and Hillary & Co., and a fantastic post-New Year's with the Carr family in Utah. Just a couple pictures from the last couple of weeks:

This is our best Christmas present ever.

Reece loves his Grandma Nancy.

We all got footsie pajamas for Christmas Eve (okay, so Paul just reused his pajamas from his birthday. And Nancy's pajamas were made for a 10-year old girl). Maybe next year we'll just go with normal pajamas.

Yay, Christmas morning!

"I can't wait to eat that monkey."


Playing at the park on Christmas day.

Reece loved playing at Grandma Carr's house. He loved it so much that he couldn't sit still and kept trying to destroy her balls of yarn (such a sweet little kitty) and destroy her Christmas ornaments.

Grandpa Allred loves to give horsey rides. Reece loved it until Grandpa got to end of the "Little lady goes nimmy nimmy," etc. Reece freaked out. Super funny.

Kyle has claimed the status of "Favorite Uncle," which may be the case, if only for the identical hair styles.

Bryce and Reece hangin' out at the mall. Those two crazy guys. We had more pictures with Grandma Terri and Grandpa Mel, but my favorite picture of Grandma Terri could not be posted (due to certain threats by those involved). Reece got so excited to be in a picture with Grandma Terri that he actually punched her in the nose, resulting in much blood and hilarious, yet un-postable pictures. Thanks for a wonderful Christmas, everyone!


We got to see Raini and Dave Stout (and Dave's cool mom) at the Winchester Mystery House. I figured out the mystery: the Winchester lady was crazy.

Paul, Reece and I went for our first family jog across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was only about 3 miles total, but a little harder due to high winds and a malfunctioning jogging stroller. Hopefully this doesn't discourage further jogging adventures.

Paul's face says, "Look at me, I'm a happy, smiling tourist." Paul's brain says, "I want to throw this stroller off the bridge." Not with the baby in it, of course. It's just leans heavily to the left and tries to crash itself into other bridge walkers. So if you're interested in ramming into unsuspecting civilians, feel free to borrow our jogging stroller.

8 comments:

dances alone said...

I've been to the winchester house! It is weird. And that baby is so cute, I love the little tongue out. I just ran three miles yesterday, and it was no little stroll; that nearly destroyed me. Wendy, you are amazing. And I miss you. te dua!

Ryan said...

Just to let you know, Kyle is two-timing Reece as favorite uncle (actually, it's probably six-timing (Jason,Porter,Eva,Ivy,Owen,Reece). Owen still talks about him, even though we try our best not to mention him or show pictures.

Maybe your running stroller is miss-aligned. I had that problem, and I had to adjust the front wheel ever so slightly so that it pointed straight. Unless it's actually your strategy to attack other runners.

Dave Carr said...

You know, I hate having to post my full name due to so many Dave's. Anyway, I really wish you'd post the unpostables...or at least send them privately. Also, we had the same problem with our jogging strollers...all 3 of them...and the solution was as Ryan stated it. Paul, this involves lifting something heavier than a pen and a brief...I know, traumatic.

Dave Carr said...

The jogging stroller dilemma...Dave's comment makes it seem so easy to fix, but funny enough, he never fixed ours. After almost 8 years of dragging it back into alignment and complaining about it, I gave it to my brother who spent the 2 mins to fix it and now LOVES it. GGRRRR

Svedi Pie said...

Reece gets cuter and cuter and I can really see the Weitzel in him now! Glad you all had such a good time, hopefully next time you make it out to UT we can see you!!

Raini said...

Yay! What fun!! :-)

Claudia Lawrence said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ldsjaneite said...

Such cute pictures. I have loved that sock monkey ever since the "Mr. Magorium" movie. I'm happy for Reece that he got one!