Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reece's First Haircut

It had to be done. It was getting out of hand. His hair had a personality of its own. Every day we had people asking us if we had styled it on purpose. To the countless masses: the mohawk was natural. It was also at least three inches long. We used the longest piece on the clippers and it is now only one inch long. Still a mohawk (that couldn't be helped) but at least a slightly more controlled mohawk.

Here's Reece pre-haircut:

And post-cut:

He even did the classic "I'm not happy with life" pre-cut face and the "Everything is perfect now" post-cut face. Kid should be in infomercials.

In real-time news, he just barely finished crying himself to sleep. He's had a hard time making it through the night since his month-long ear infection in December/January and now he's got three teeth coming in at once. Poor guy.

7 comments:

Liza said...

Wendy, he is seriously the cutest little thing there ever was. I want to kiss his face off. What a darling little boy. I bet you stare at him all day! Isn't being a mom the best!?!?!!? Love you!

Carina said...

I love that kid. I've only seem him what, once? And I still love him. He has the best hair ever.

I hope he gets through this hard time soon! Poor kid :(

Lizi Bates said...

Reece! He totally needs to get paid for his cuteness! Was it sad to chop the hawk? I know you've always been a fan of extreme hair-dos...didn't you make a mullet book? Hahah! I wish I could meet this lil guy, he's adorable!!

Raini said...

He's so cute! Lovin the "do"...

Allie Hite said...

This kid is so cute! It is really hard from me to register that you are a mom! I will just say this, the hair cute is awesome, where can I get one? Love you!

Liz said...

He looks so handsome.

Ryan said...

I'd like to see you transition that mohawk into a nice mullet.