Monday, November 3, 2008

Wishes...

My family FINALLY came to Southern California. By "family" I mean four of my eight siblings, which is pretty dang good, and far bigger than most families even in it's half-ness. I like to think that they came to visit me, but the real reason for their visit was Disneyland. I do love Disneyland, so that doesn't really bother me too much. I'm just worried about what will happen next year when we don't live 40 minutes from the world's happiest place. I'll just post a few of the pictures. The rest are located in our web albums if you're interested.

Just a bit of Disney trivia: we counted the number of times they say "wishes" during the fireworks show. It is a 20-minute show, and the word "wishes" appeared 30 times. Amazing? Yes. Surprising? Hardly. Disneyland is, after all, the place where wishes come true.

Hayley, Markie, Layne, James, Paul, Matthew on Grizzly Bear Rapids





Quick story on this picture: I had a great picture of dad actually smiling (he had a good time, I know he did), and I somehow broke the picture. How do you break a picture that's saved on your computer? Step #1: be pregnant, therefore clumsy and absent-minded. Step #2: be impatient, therefore prone to turning off the computer while the picture is loading. Mission accomplished.










Layne's farewell to Disneyland. One final churro.

4 comments:

dances alone said...

Disneyland really is magical! how fun! But I can't believe you went on Mr. Toad's. That's the scariest ride ever.
P.S. I miss you. When is that baby coming, so I have an excuse to come visit? :)

Carina said...

Oh, Disneyland...and the Carr family! I love that family! It looks like you had a bunch of fun. I miss living 40 minutes from the happiest place ever, too. Then again, I hardly ever went when I lived in CA. I regret that now. Sigh.

Liz said...

When did Layne get taller than everyone?

Writing Group Blog said...

Layne is super tall! I got mad at him, but he refused to get shorter. He'll probably be as tall as David.