Monday, November 10, 2008

IT'S A BOY!!!

Baby Weitzel is a boy! At least that's what the doctor said. I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure what I saw on the ultrasound was a boy (either that or I am very very confused).

As we were doing the ultrasound, the doctor asked me what I thought the baby was and I said, "I really think it's a girl." Just as I said that our little guy flashed his goods up on the screen. The doctor replied, "It looks like you're wrong. It's definitely a boy." (Paul's response: "And what a boy!" ...)

So it's taken me a little while to get used to the idea that we're having a boy, but I am very excited. The only thing is we have no idea what we're going to name it. We can't agree on any boy names, and anything we used to like just doesn't seem cute enough now. So we are wide open to suggestions. We will also accept bribes to name our child after family members and/or friends. Name goes to the highest bidder.

We're still due March 18, and I'm still working my normal job, and Paul is still graduating in May and starting with Davis Polk in September in Menlo Park, CA. Did I miss anything?

6 comments:

Pauly said...

YAY! I thought Wyatt was a girl. I had dreams about her, had her name all picked out.... nope 100% wrong and I am so glad I was.

Wade really really wants to name a boy Romeo(!), could you handle that for me?

Carina said...

That's almost exactly like what happened with us. I had felt like we were having a girl, and the ultrasound tech asked me what I thought it was...just as I was about to say I knew it was a girl, she said "Okay, I'm 99.999% sure it's a boy." I was shocked. I couldn't really tell from those ultrasound pictures, but we had another one a few weeks later and there was no question about it. Don't worry, little boys are soooo fun! I don't have any name ideas for you, though. We already used the two names I like: Joshua and Logan (and we used them both on one kid...silly us). You're welcome to use either of those, of course. =) And we didn't even decide definitely until a few hours after he was born. Now, I can't imagine him with any other name...

Jack of Hearts said...

How about Trucker Hussein Weitzel?

The georgia peach said...

congrats on it being a boy. Good luck on the name thing i dont have any ideas for you.

Jennifer Clement said...

How fun!! it seems like everybody is having boys these days. Maybe the time they all get old enough to marry all the singles wards will have more boys than girls. crazy. Anyway, Congrats!!

Jared and Laurel said...

I said the same thing just as they saw his hmm hmm hmm on the screen(actually with both boys)! Everyone who "just knows" it's a girl finds out it's a boy, I think. I have to agree with the fun-ness factor that Carina alluded to. And please don't name him Laurel just because he's due on my birthday...I know you were tempted. Jared wants you consider his bribe of 3 peanuts and some old Halloween candy to name him Jared. Yeah, he wants it badly.