Friday, February 1, 2013

“Nothing contributes so much to tranquilize the mind as a steady purpose.” -Mary Shelley

Well, what do you know? It's February. We may or may not have been busy. Life is good. Comment if you have questions on photos, otherwise just enjoy the show.



Amelia is awesome. She keeps trying to potty-train herself, but I'm not ready. This is neither the first nor last time I will hold her back in her life.


Also, her hair is amazing.






Reece is a stud. He's currently in gymnastics and soccer. One of the funniest recurring things I've seen is three year-olds playing soccer.





 Halloween happened.


And Paul's birthday. Amazing cake, right? It was an ice cream cake with blue on one side and red on the other. Election day is also kind of a major holiday in our house.





We went to Pismo Beach, Solvang, and Fontana (and then Edwards AFB) for an early Thanksgiving.



And we got to see people we love.





 We spent a great deal of time wrestling.



And dancing. Or something that might be considered dancing. By some cultures. Okay, maybe just in our house...my poor kids.




Amelia's prayer stance. She's even taken to correcting us when we pray differently. "Like this, mama."


Our world really changed when I got my iPhone. We haven't seen or heard Reece since. (You can always tell a Milford man.)



Real Thanksgiving with more people we love.



Then Christmas happened. We liked it. Hopefully you did, too (my narration on this blog blows my mind. I really should publish a book).




 Then my parents, Hayley & Jess came. We like them. We hiked, played in San Francisco, and did a murder mystery party with fairy tale characters.







I'll leave you with Reece's excited face. Doesn't that just fill you with joy? Do you ever get that excited about anything anymore? I love him.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I just love all the pictures. It's amazing how much the kids grew over those months. I wish we lived closer so we could hang out.

Lizi Bates said...

Your kidlets are SO cute! I was just thinking about my fellow Carr/Kerr motra. I'm happy to see you are still dancing and smiling. Someday we will hang out. Te dua!

Ryan said...

I like the narration because it leaves me to fill in the gaps with my imagination.

Bryce said...

I'm glad to see that your steady purpose, while bringing tranquility, hasn't dulled your wit. You're sharp as ever Wendilynn.