Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween, Birthday and Magic Tricks...oh my!

Let's start this post out right. Reece was Elmo for Halloween, but I neglected to take any pictures that day, so this was taken this morning. Talk about an excited kid...

Last week we celebrated Paul's 29th birthday. That's the age everybody says they are when they want to pretend to be young, so I figure he's at a good stage in life. He says he's well past middle-age for a Weitzel male, but let's hope he stays around a lot longer than that. We did a semi-themed birthday for our Super Dad. He really is an amazing husband and father, not to mention my best friend. I'm so grateful to have him around.

This was supposed to be a Superman cake, but I ran out of red M&Ms. Close enough, right? Apparently it was good enough for Reece.

Happy birthday, dad!

If you seen us on Skype in the last two weeks then you've seen these two new Reece-tricks. But they're pretty cute, so it's high time I preserved them for the ages. To start us off, the best magic trick you've ever seen...from a 19-month old baby:




And next we have the world's best knock-knock joke...by a baby:


9 comments:

Nicole Moultrie said...

Two comments for this post...
1. Cute Freakin KID!! oh my soo cute!
2. You my friend, are a BEAST! You are looking good! I take it you are on the p90x torture train? I rode that sucker. It was a good one. I never took any pics though but man it works. Nice job! woo!

dances alone said...

look at your hot abs! man, all those crunches sure pay off. Reece is by far my favorite ish-companions' baby named Reece; he's adorable!

Svedi Pie said...

Yeah - I have my Reece fix now. He just get's handsomer and handsomer. Love to hear the progress and update of baby #2!

Pica said...

is that reece i see hiding behind the towel in the pic of your tummy?

glad to see you guys are having fun :)

Nicole Moultrie said...

Ok, so I AM AN IDIOT! If I wouldve looked at your 'new news' sidebar I wouldve seen the new news! OMG! he he I'm so excited congrats urime and all that good stuff! I thought you were posting some great buff body shot, turns out your 3 months prego, geez. So excited for you three!

Anna said...

Very, very cute! I can't believe how many presents Paul got for his birthday...tell him he's very spoiled. I love the videos. He's such a cute kid! Are you guys coming to Utah for Christmas? I'd love to see you.

Writing Group Blog said...

Mary, we made a big effort to make it look like Paul got a lot of presents. One of those bags has a $3 cutting board in it. Another has a $6 pair of sweatpants. And YES we're coming to Utah for Christmas, so if you ever see this message, let's plan something! Otherwise I'll write you on FB.

Writing Group Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

I'm not sure why, but for some reason Reece's Elmo picture reminds me of Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. I'm not saying he's destined to be the leader of an evil empire, but at least he's got a good laugh for it.