Thursday, September 30, 2010

Portland, Portland, it's a wonderful town!

We can't believe it, but our little guy is now 18 months old. He is more fun than ever as he explores, discovers, and all in all causes a ruckus day after day. We have loved being in Portland so far (we've even had good weather!) and we look forward to many more fun adventures. Reece and I have zoo passes, children's museum passes, and a gym membership to keep us busy. And Paul has work to keep him busy. I'll let you decide who makes you more jealous.

Now, for your viewing pleasure, a bunch of videos of Reece as we explore Portland:

I finally got a video of Reece's adorable scrunchy face. He gives us this smile all the time, but then when you ask him to smile, he pinches his cheeks (not quite as cute). I sure do love this kid.



We spent a few hours at the Pirate Festival. Look closely and you just might see a dancing dragon, a running shark, and any number of swashbucklers (besides us). It was worth trudging through the rain to see this:



And then, of course, leave it to the pirate festival to answer the greatest of life's questions: Who wins the fight between a shark and a ninja?


Our first time at the Oregon Zoo. It's actually a pretty good zoo, with plenty of playgrounds and fountains for a toddler with a short attention span.


Here Reece shows off his amazing vowel vocabulary (he knows one letter, and he thinks it's his name):

8 comments:

dances alone said...

oh my gosh i love these videos even more now! the pirate festival!!! I have to say i'm a little disappointed we didn't make it. that looks incredible, and much more...interesting than I would have expected.
um, basically you guys are amazing and Reece is the best ever. that's all.

dances alone said...

oh my gosh i love these videos even more now! the pirate festival!!! I have to say i'm a little disappointed we didn't make it. that looks incredible, and much more...interesting than I would have expected.
um, basically you guys are amazing and Reece is the best ever. that's all.

The georgia peach said...

glad you guys are liking Portland. Thanks for all the adorable videos of Reece he is adorable and always makes me laugh.

Nicole Moultrie said...

wow, he is ADORABLE, HELLO! So glad you are liking Portland, and so jealous of all of your fun passes. We just moved in Monday, and I've got to get on things.

Liz said...

I laughed out loud watching Reece make those funny faces. Thanks for sharing them!

Albena, Barry & Tatiana said...

Te gjeta ne blogspot!!! Portland is very purrtee :)

Dave Carr said...

Obviously the land shark wins. They didn't even need to act that one out for me to answer. Paul looked a little surprised by the outcome, but maybe he didn't notice that it was a land shark, not your common garden variety regular shark.

Anna said...

Too cute! How long are you guys going to be in Portland again? I've never seen that part of the country, but I'd love to have an excuse to visit...