Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hop Up, Jump In!

Reece is a very physical baby. He loves learning new tricks and often gets frustrated because he can't quite master a task. He learns fast, though. His latest trick is jumping. Paul spent a good amount of time teaching Reece how to bend his knees, and often re-emphasizes that Reece needs to push off his toes. It's pretty cute to watch them interact. Reece loves his dad. He yells "daaaaa!" every time he sees Paul after a long absence. He'll tackle Paul if he catches him on the floor. And Reece loves giving daddy big kisses. This first video shows off my boys' latest war wounds. Paul got a fat black eye from our Yosemite camping trip and Reece got his face nice and scraped up. It also proves that Reece is not pleasant all the time. Just so you know, Paul got Reece addicted to jelly bellies (another special part of their relationship) and Reece is crying because I won't let him have any more.



Here's a sample of Reece's hopping techniques:

4 comments:

Nicole Moultrie said...

oh my gosh, good job buddy, sweet air! so cute!!

Carina said...

Hahaha...awww, he is so cute :) I meant Reece, not Paul. That would just be weird if I said that about Paul.

Ryan said...

It's an important milestone in a boy's life when he learns to fake cry to get what he wants. I love the quick finger snot-wipe.

Owen had a hard time understanding why Reece was crying, since we basically never deny him anything. He also says that when Reece comes to visit, he's going to give him candy.

Anna said...

I can't believe he didn't cry after falling to the ground. I remember when Anna learned to jump. That's one of my favorite milestones.