Sunday, November 1, 2009

Welcome to our Halloween-time

Every year that we lived in Los Angeles we would go to Disneyland at Halloween time. I even had my own song that I would sing for that special trip (see title of post). I really missed it this year, though I'm pretty sure Paul will never miss hearing that song, which only had the one line and which I would sing constantly for about a week. This year, though I really missed Disneyland, we did have Reece. And Reece is better than 1000 Disneylands.


Reece was a hot dog for Halloween (he requested it. I said "Don't you want to go as something more time-sensitive? Like dress up like Obama or Al Gore?" But again, he insisted on going as a little wiener). Paul and I dressed up as hot dog vendors, and we actually won his work costume competition. But with such a cute baby, it was kind of a shoe-in. We also had a little secret touch to our costumes, which was our custom logo that we ironed onto our hats and aprons:Please don't sue us, Wienerschnitzel. I promise nobody noticed, and my hard work of cutting and pasting in Paint was all for naught. Now for the real Weitzelschnitzel:


Paul also had his birthday this weekend (today, actually). He's now finally old enough to own a pair of feetsie pajamas (you know the baby pajamas with the little feet...yeah, those). He also got a hot dog cake to match our hot dog ensemble from yesterday. It didn't work out as pretty as I hoped, and we certainly can't eat it, as it's made of Twinkies and pound cake (we're trying to NOT die of pound cake overdose).



And finally just some cute pictures of Reece. I know that's what you really came for, but you get bonus points if you read this far...sucker.



10 comments:

Brian and Kara said...

He is sooooo adorable....you know I'm talking about Reece right?

Jack of Hearts said...

If I would have known, I could have dressed up as the ethnic owner of the Wienerschnitzel (ask Paul about that guy)

Carina said...

That has to be one of the coolest costume ideas ever. And props to you for the Weitzelschnitzel idea! Awesome!

Reece is adorable. And happy belated birthday, Paul =)

Svedi Pie said...

Happy Birthday Paul!! Reece looks delicious :)

Jared and Laurel said...

What a shame that nobody noticed the awesome Weitzel adaptation! And you were too modest to mention it, weren't you? Still, very cool to have for future use. But Reece! I've never seen such a happy, handsome hot dog! Very, very impressive. As are those footie pajamas.

Dave Carr said...

You guys are SO cute!! You definitely have the coolest last name! Porter and Eva are super jazzed about Paul's PJs. Porter swears Paul is wearing his hand-me downs. He even proved it by pointing out the spaceships on them. Can't argue with that logic!!

Liz said...

Ryan is always asking me if you updated your blog and I'd say, "No. She says she did, but it never changes." So, today I told him to get on Facebook to see your pictures. That is where he discovered we had a different blog address for you. We feel so behind! Now we'll check it all the time to make up for all that Reece-time we missed.

Real Dave Carr said...

So Teresa wrote that comment, not me. I wouldn't say "cute", ever. Except for now: Paul, you look so CUTE in your footies! Did you know that you can shock people by shuffling your feet!? Reece was ok, but compared to Paul's footie pajamas, I throw my vote to Paul this time. I could just imagine him frollicking in our living room, jumping from couch to couch with Porter and me yelling, "which one of you wants the spanking?"

Real Dave Carr Again said...

Paul, I just noticed that you got the Steve Martin banjo cd...I've been dying to get my hands on it. Let me know if it's as cool as it portends.

Lauren said...

What an adorable little hot dog you have! :-)