Friday, January 30, 2009

How Cool We Are

We finally did something cool. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to document this or prove it in any way, but since it's not actually that cool I don't think it's really necessary. I guess I'm just tired of posting about how fat I'm getting. Last night we went to watch some of Paul's law school buddies (aka The Dough). play at the House of Blues on Sunset Blvd. That's right, we went to the House of Blues. You may not be shocked yet, but let me just remind you, that it's a club, and we went. We're just not normally the clubbing type. And I have to say, being about 8 months pregnant and neither of us drinking anything did make us stand out just a bit. But it was fun, and the band was actually really good. And now our baby's that much more likely to be a rocker. Now all he needs is a rocker name and some cool genes and his fate will be sealed. So basically his chances are still pretty much 0%. Poor boy.

5 comments:

Karl Hite said...

I saw the Aquabats at House of Blues in San Diego several years ago. I wasn't 8 months pregnant, so my story is super-boring, but good on you, HOB is a reputable establishment.

Unknown said...

Hi Wendy!! Just wanted to show you that people do read your blog. :) Love you--hope you're doing great!! You and Baby look good! Cory

dances alone said...

ahh, i wanted fat belly pictures! Just kidding, this was delightful. Look at you, trying new things and all. did you dance? Please tell me you danced...maybe some hula..

Carina said...

Oooh, you are amazingly cool. Baby Weitzel is going to love his super-cool parents!

kari said...

My, Wendy, what a cute portrait of your baby! (jk) We went to a recent performance of Jeff Dunham at the Universal Theater, which was fun, but rather offensive in the language dept. We ended up plugging our ears and singing "la la la" during the bad parts. So we stood out too. Hard to be in the world, but not of, ya know? But the Guitar Guy--he's awesome. I teach his daughter piano lessons....good friends!